Saturday, May 26, 2007


Hi Tim Here


I see today that the posting from last week did not work. hmmm I wonder what happened?


On Begging:


When we first arrived I saw many beggers on the street and condemned the culture here for not looking after them. Lately I have been thinking that perhaps the culture is looking after them. In Canada we tend to see beggars in the city and often they appear able bodied however are asking for money. We tend to shun them and are fearful of them. Down hear there are some of the same kind however most are truelyin need of help often demonstrating this with no legs or hand or they are deformed or are very old and without family etc so I am thinking that the attitude to beggers down here is a little different and that in fact the begging provides the opportunity for the society to provide for them. They may not eat like kings or have great sleeping arrangements but I am sure they are receiving enough to survive. In the Canadian social mindset we tend to think that the state is supposed to provide for the weak. This helps us stay one step removed from the needy however downhere they are right in the face of the public. So I find that as time goes on my attitude of discussed for the society is changing and I am trying to look for the good also.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please. can you PM me and tell me million of much more thinks up this. I am really fan of one' s webpage...gets solved fittingly asap.
[IMG]http://www.sedonarapidweightloss.com/weightloss-diet/34/b/happy.gif[/IMG]