Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Sheila is baking cinnamon buns for the workteam and they smell great. I get to test them. A tough job but someone has to do it.

Today I accompanied Pablo our computation teacher to a business that may provide jobs for 2 boys and 2 girls from our school.

Tomorrow I go to Esquintla to look at a greenhouse facility.

Driving- When I was first here I was a linear thinker. I am in my place between the lines. Then some idiot will pull in half on my lane and half on another lane. Then someone else is a little too close on the other side of the vehicle. I would drive staying in the same lane for long distances. Well that has all changed. The road has been freshly paved and is not divided off by lines. It is just a wide flat spot where any maneuvering to get ahead is allowed. My wife says I drive like a Guatemalan! If a bus is in the way I go around it. I use my horn often to let people know where I am and I mosey down the road with cautious speed. It will be tough going back into a law abiding society where everyone waits in line when there is a traffic jam. We are so courteous in Canada!

we're not lonesome so much anymore but we do miss the seasons. This having summer 365 is a big change.

All the Best
Tim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You drive like a guatemalan huh?? A scary thought in itself... and cinnemon buns... I miss mom's baking... hope you are well. We have snow flying in small amounts today to take comfort in your 365 days of summer. Miss you both lots... love you
Beth