Thursday, October 04, 2007



Hi Tim Here

We were just reflecting this morning on how the bird sounds outside seem normal now. If you go back to one of our early entries I go into the sounds we were hearing the first morning we woke up in Guatemala. Now the sounds have come to be normal.

While walking and listening to a tape learning Spanish I happened upon a culebra (snake). I stopped and waited till it left the path. I helped it on its way with a rock and then carried on. Most field workers walk around here with a large machete for work and defense. I could have used one at that time.

Here is a sweet picture of Blanca Asucena and Lilian Beronica who are the youngest members of the family we provide food for once a month. Below them are bean plants drying before being cleaned and placed in a pan. The second picture is a final product.

Tim

No comments: