Sunday, August 12, 2007


Tim Here
This was a picture from our recent sailing trip where we celebrated our 30 wedding anniversary.
Learning a language is no small matter and takes years for an old person. I can now coummunicate basic information and sometimes respond when people talk to me but I just cannot hear the words and register them with meaning. This is what takes time. I can write and speak primitively but using the telephone is another matter altogether. So I just keep learning words and picking up phrases. I could not spell before moving down here and my english will not get any better. I will now not be able to spell in two languages.

Well at Church today at the MegaFrater I was so impressed with the quality of music and the extensiveness of committment of the people. The worship and the devotion of each servant in the building from the parking lot attendants to the ushers, the ministry going on here would impress any believer in Canada. Speaking of Canada, it is amazing that it is really an unheard from country here. Hockey is not part of the big 3 or even big 10 sports on the idiot box. In fact even during the playoffs, I cannot recall it being mentioned.

As I write this our friends at Alberta Beach SonRise Pentecostal camp are starting their final service. We have been grieving missing this camp all week and had more than one email from camp friends which was great. Next year we hope to speak at the camp as Missionaries.

No comments: