Friday, January 05, 2007

Hi Well we are in Guatemala!

Before giving current information I want to go back to the night before leaving. I started to make an entry however was too tired to complete it.

What I wanted to say then was that becomming a missionary is a little like dying. And indeed dying to self is mandatory in this process. But anyway it is a little like dying because:

-You review your will
-Deal with banking matters
-last good byes and people cry and you cry with them
-People say nice things about you and stretch the truth emphasising your virtues and ignoring your faults.

Of course when you die you cannot cry with the people. But enough of this.

So it is January 5, 2007 and I wake up just after six and hear pigeons and other strange bird sounds. Sheila awakes and I say: Honey this is not kansis! We are here we did it!

Looked at the devotional in the washroom here and was surprised that the first verse I read was the last verse that I spoke on at the Crowsnest Christian Centre on Dec. 31, 2006. Must be a God moment!

Anyway we may end up at the William Cornelius site today or may begin looking for a vehicle.

It is more humid here and about 66 degrees (19 C). It should be about 21 midday.
Not affected by culture so far although all my walking and language listening is paying off. I understand a fair bit, and suppose that I am a high beginner on the language scale.

Oh, Sheila broke a tooth on the way down so we will be seeking out a dentist. Had not planned on this kind of activity.

Must run . Bye for Now

Tim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I looked at your site to get the snail mail address and you had a new post. A nice surprise. Too bad about moms tooth. I am sending you a letter today so we will see how long it takes.
Love you guys lots
Beth