Saturday, January 20, 2007

It has been a day or 2 since I wrote anything. All is well, we completed a short video clip for head office today. I will be in the big city on monday afternoon to finish a deal on a dependable used vehicle, then paperwork, insurance, and anti theft devices.
I saw an unusual bee this morning, a lizard yesterday and we bought some nuts on wednesday which leads me to a story. I decided to have some yesterday. Sheila threw me the zip lock with the pack inside. Some fell out into the zip lock so I just lay down and started reading my spanish lesson. 2 nuts left, ummmm then I looked at the zip lock to see it crawling with little ants. I think they are good. I should not have looked. Anyway I jumped from the bed ready to hork the works and chuck the nuts. Ñow get this, my beloved said I should just wash the rest. So I washed them twice and dried them in the sun and they taste ok short the salts and ants. Small bear has learned to look close before eating anything.

Sheila´s years of trying to understand
We have purchased a plastic chair and bucket and a small iron.

Between the huge amounts of fireworks and crackers blasted off every day and the dogs barking, rooster´s crowing,trucks tooting and emergency vehicles whining it is sometimes difficult to sleep. Other than that, the evenings are quiet.

We have learned to quickly say no gracias, and we have the special finger movement down that will stop the salespeople in their tracks. If they still ask we claim student poverty and they leave us alone.

Todays devotions were in Romans ch 3 and 4. SAVED BY GRACE APART FROM OUR WORKS! A favorite theme of mine however as I study scripture I see the importance of obedience, therfore our works count. Just keep this straight: What we believe determines our destination and what we do determines our rewards.

We have several hundred verbs to learn and each has 5 variations. I think in retrospect that in terms of acquiring languages this is easier than some. At least the vowels have only one sound and there are only a couple of extra letters. We are learning a lot and it seems to me that we should be in good shape in 5 months as far as language is concerned. We are getting the basics.

We have a new boarder in the house, she is from ATLANTA georgia and is a JW. I shared COLOSSIANS 2:9 With her yesterday before she left for her bible study.¨For in Him dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD or Godship bodily. The JW bible replaces GODHEAD with divine quality, which is not correct. Since this verse is one of the best on the deity of Christ it is too bad they have it wrong and walk in the darkness of deception.



Living in close quarters is a challenge so please pray for us, perhaps for Sheila more since she has to live with me haha hahahaha.

Off to look for a parking lot at a good price.

By and May the Lord BLESS YOU

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Dad. Mike and I are staying in Beth's living room and there is NO space, so I am with you on the close quarters thing!! Love you!!